Histories

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next»     » Slide Show

The Roman Catholic Church in Hexham



Stonecroft, Hexham, Cockshaw, and Minsteracres: Catholic records updated

Before the opening of Hexham St. Mary in 1830, there were two Roman Catholic chapels in Hexham, called Hexham and Cockshaw, and a chapel at the homestead of Stonecroft about 4 miles west of the town of Hexham. From 1722 to 1737, the baptisms of Stonecroft and Hexham chapel were kept in one register. This collection includes those, plus the registers of Hexham chapel for 1738-1826, the registers of Stonecroft for 1715-1721 and 1738-1818, the register of Cockshaw for 1753-1832, and the register of the private family chapel at nearby Minsteracres for 1766-1794. Most baptisms of these have “witnesses to the birth” listed and most also list the mother’s maiden surname.


Latitude54.9715130772161
Longitude-2.1083246046327986
Linked toEleanor (Mrs Robert Cook); Ann Cook, (Milliner/Nursery Gardener); Helen Cook; James Cook, (Solicitors' Clerk); Jane Cook, (Dressmaker); Joanna Cook; Joseph Cook; Joseph Cook; Mary Cook, (Dressmaker); Matthew Cook, (Glover); Matthew Cook; Robert Cook, (Bank Clerk)

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next»     » Slide Show